Jealous Devil Chunx Hardwood Lump Charcoal - 10LB
Our flagship charcoal in a new medium-sized lump. Ideal for smaller grills and backyard BBQs. Crafted from one of the densest hardwoods on the planet and specially carbonized to remove impurities. The result? Hotter, longer, and cleaner burns with incredible flavor without sparks, pops, bitter smoke or excessive ash.
- Made from incredibly dense South American hardwood
- Produces little ash for minimal waste and maintenance
- Can generate a max temperature of over 1,100 degrees
- Requires 25% to 40% less wood for low and slow cooking
- Burns for over 4 hours in the open, or over 20 hours in low-oxygen environments
- Packaged in a waterproof, dust-proof poly bag with a re-seal-able top and integrated side carry handle
- Contains no chemicals or fillers
- Resistant to pops and sparks
- Enhances flavor without overpowering
- Easy-lighting lumps ready to cook in 15 minutes
- Color: Black
- Weight: 11 pounds
Jealous Devil recommends lighting a few starter cubes/bales (hey, junk mail works too!) under a charcoal chimney, or using an active torch such as a looflighter or MAP torch. Depending on lighting conditions, your charcoal should come to temperature and be ready for cooking within 10-20 minutes. We do not condone the use of lighter fluid. It’s cheating. And also gross.